- next door to the Lido, have good early offers on rooms, starting as early as anyone wants to book – like now!.
- Their rooms, often on offer for 3 nights, are at a price hard to beat and an easy meeting place for swimmers before and afterwards.
- A room before the swim (9am in the water start) and for the Saturday, is recommended.
- In true style, we will meet at the Premier Inn Hotel bar the evening before – less drinking/more meeting up to socialise and familiarise.!!…the drinking can be resumed after the swim – in earnest!
- It always gives me chance to give out any ordered hoodies, caps, beanies, towels etc.
- I’d recommend it to try and meet up – it does help you through the tough times ahead!!
Although tents can be put up at the Lido for the swim, you are strictly not allowed to sleep in them there overnight, when the pool is closed!.
The tents were a useful addition to the event though; providing a changing base, (changing rooms are all around the pool though), somewhere to eat in, a sleeping/resting area and somewhere warm and restful (hopefully we will have marquee (s) again however).